An International Health Insurance plan covers you with a much more comprehensive healthcare protection and includes 7 main healthcare features that ISPs usually do not have, they are:
- No Medical Underwriting
- Higher Treatment Limit – up to S$6 Million annually
- Pre-existing Conditions Coverage
- Comprehensive Care includes: Dental & Optical care, Vaccinations, health screening and even Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM)
- Maternity expenses and Newborns Pre & Post-Natal Complications coverage
- Global coverage – ranges from selected regions to more worldwide coverages
- Pre- & Post- Treatments & Hospitalisation Expenses Coverage
- Cashless Payment Globally
- Outpatient General Practitioner Treatment Coverage
Aside from these differences in terms of healthcare features, another stark difference is that while the MediSave can be used to supplement payment for an ISP, it cannot be used for an International Health Insurance plan.
Surprisingly, the premiums for an International Health Insurance plan can be comparable to an ISP, providing an alternative coverage for people with pre-existing conditions which an ISP will exclude.